Warner Heating & Air AC Startup Checklist
The first of the year A/C start-up is upon us. Warner Heating & Air has a simple step-by-step guideline for your startup. By following our AC Startup Checklist you can begin enjoying your refreshing, air-conditioned air in your home. This checklist will allow you to start your air conditioner and avoid common startup errors and possibly avoid calling in a professional air repair technician. The ease of these steps help ensure you rule out any of the uncomplicated troubleshooting if your air conditioner is not working properly or if it is working properly help you maximize the value and performance of your high-efficiency AC unit. Most air conditioning units are designed with a/c costs in mind. By allowing our skilled technicians to annually service your air conditioner we can help you decrease your cooling costs, increase savings, and enjoy reliable cooling and comfort at price that you can afford.
Not a DYI person? No problem….
Call 801-254-6433, our home and commercial ac service experts will take care of everything for you.
A/C Startup Checklist
1. Check that you have turned your AC thermostat control to the ON or set it in the “cool” position.
- This is the basic temperature control for your cooling system.
2. Confirm that the outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
- Check the circuit breakers inside your home. The circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), which will likely be mounted to a wall inside your house. Make sure they are all in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to confirm that it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is by the outdoor unit. (Usually a grey 8″ wide x 16″ high x 4″ deep box mounted on the exterior house wall).
3. Check to make sure that the blower motor in your furnace is properly running in order to optimize performance. (The furnace blower should be running, if the thermostat is set to the “cool” position).
- The blower motor is what will allow the forced air to circulate properly.
- If it is not running, check the on/off switch on the furnace. It should be in the “ON” position.
4. Be sure to change out your furnace filter if you have not done so recently.
- An excessively blocked filter will prevent air from circulating, which will cause your outdoor a/c unit to shut down because of the lack of proper airflow.
5. Check that all air return vents are open and clear and are not blocked by furniture.
- Furniture should be at a minimum of four inches away from air return vents in order to facilitate adequate air supply.
We hope our AC startup checklist has been helpful in providing a free guide for your use. Contact us about our service maintenance to help extend the life and maintain your ac system running properly. Are you In need of a new air conditioner? We can help you make the right choice and get the right air conditioner for your needs. We are always up to date on any current Bryant high efficiency cooling systems, current rebates or offers to help your keep your AC new installation costs to a minimum.
Call 801-254-6433 now to schedule your consultation or service maintenance today!
Other useful pages on our website: